Vonore Baptist Church has been a lighthouse in the Vonore community since 1905. From a humble beginning with 15 members, the church has been growing ever since.
The first frame building was built on land that was donated by church members, Mr. and Mrs. George Ray. In 1907, the church joined the Sweetwater Baptist Association--a partnership that continues today. In 1942, VBC saw tough times as a fire burned the first building and destroyed all of the church records from the earlies years. Just four days after the fire, a committee was appointed with the task of building a new home for VBC. 14 months later, a new building was dedicated in July 1943.
Over the next 30 years, several building projects were completed adding rooms and space for the growing church. In 1994, VBC held groundbreaking ceremonies for a new building that would host educational space, offices, and a new worship center. This new addition was dedicated in April 1995.
In 2005, we were honored to celebrate 100 years in the community. On this special Centennial Homecoming, the Building Committee unveiled plans for a new Family Life Center. One year later, members participated in the groundbreaking ceremony of this new facility.